Due to unforeseen circumstances the canal will be closed until further notice. Sundays match will not go ahead until an alternative water can be decided on.
Yesterday fish were observed up near the surface of the Canal so we took some oxygen readings and a water sample up to the EA Lab near Huntington. Gladly there was nothing found wrong with the water but oxygen levels were lower than the norm. The Environment Agency team attended site and deployed some measures to help increase the levels.
At the time of writing this we’ve not seen any further signs of distress and levels are on the rise, but it is early days. We are continuing to monitoring things several time a day.