Following yet another U-turn decision on fishing during lockdown, the club have carefully reviewed all the current guidelines and regulations provided by the Government, the Angling Trust, Sport England etc the past few days to interpret the wider picture. Whilst we are all pleased fishing is now once again a permissible activity, we should remember that the country is in a National Lockdown. The current legislation advises that you must not leave your home for non essential reasons and any travel should be local and not outside of your home town.
With all that in mind, and within the current guidelines set out we will be opening the lakes once again on Monday 11th Jan with the following conditions.
- Fishing will be from dawn to dusk only (eg between 7am and 5pm in January) – night fishing is not permissible and members should not be on site outside of these hours.
- We do not encourage members to travel outside of their local area to fish any of our venues.
- All matches will be suspended until further notice – members should not meet with the intention of holding and kind of match / competition
- You must fish on your own – no socials or group gatherings.
- Strict social distancing should be observed at all times.
- There will be no toilet facilities available until further notice.
- Hand sanitiser etc should be used before and after handling any lock and gates.
- Members should not visit the fishery unless it is for the purpose of fishing
It goes without saying but if you are symptomatic, have recently come into contact with someone with Covid-19 or should be self isolating, you must stay at home. We will be monitoring the situation and adjust things as the club deems necessary. Please stay safe, observe the guidelines and hopefully the lockdown will be lifted soon.